Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Order of the Star of the East was founded in 1911 to proclaim the coming of the World Teacher. Kris


Order of the Star of the East was founded in 1911 to proclaim the coming of the World Teacher. Krishnamurti was elected Leader of the Order. On August 3, 1929, the opening day of the Annual (camping) Camp of the Order of the Star in Ommen, Holland, Krishnamurti dissolved the Order in the presence of 3,000 members of the Order. This is the full text of the speech he acted on this occasion.
We intend to discuss this morning the dissolution of the Order of the Star. Many people will be satisfied, and others willow grove mall will be rather sad. This is not a question nor joy, nor for sadness, because it is inevitable, as I intend to explain. You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend willow grove mall walking down the same street and saw before him a man who stooped and took something from the ground, looked at it and placed it in his pocket. The friend asked the devil, "What did this man from the earth?". "He took a piece of the truth," replied the devil. "This is very bad for you," said his friend. "Oh, do not worry," willow grove mall replied the devil, "I intend to let him organize it."
I declare that truth is a country without roads, and you can not access it through any time by any religion, by any sect. This is my point of view and I adhere willow grove mall to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path at all, can not be organized; willow grove mall nor should any organization be formed to lead or coerce people to go in a certain way. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual thing and you can not and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, sect, a religion, it is imposed on others. That's what everyone around the world is trying to do. Truth is limited and is turned into a toy for those who are weak, for those who are only temporarily satisfied. Truth can not be downloaded below, but rather a private individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You can not download the top of the mountain into the valley. If you want to climb to the top, you have to go through the valley, climb the stairs, without fear of dangerous precipices.
So this is the first reason, from my point of view, why the Order of the Star should be dissolved. However, you probably will form other Orders, you will continue to belong to other organizations searching for Truth. I do not want to belong to any organization willow grove mall of a spiritual kind, please understand that. I would benefit an organization that would take me to London, for example, that an organization is completely different, it's just mechanical, like the post or by telegraph. I would use a car or boat to travel; these are only physical mechanisms which have nothing to do with spirituality. Again, I say that no organization can lead man to spirituality.
If an organization be created for this purpose, it becomes a crutch, a weakness in slavery and inevitably would have to cripple the individual and want to grow, to develop its uniqueness, which lies in the discovery for himself of that absolute and unconditioned Truth. So this is another reason why I decided, since I happened to be leader of the Order, it dismissed. No one has convinced me to come to this decision.
This is not some grand work, because I do not want to have followers, and I mean just that. At the moment you follow someone you cease to follow Truth. I do not care whether you pay attention to what I say or not. I want to do certain things in this world and I intend to do it with unwavering concentration. I intend to deal with only one essential thing: to free people. I want to let go of all the chains willow grove mall of all fears, and not to found religions, new sects, nor to establish new theories and new philosophies. Now you will naturally ask me why I travel around the world, speaking continuously. I will answer for what reason I do this - not because they want followers, not because I desire a special group of special students. (How many people like to be different from their counterparts as extreme, absurd and trivial to have their differences! I do not want to encourage that absurdity.) I have no disciples, no apostles, either on earth or in the realm of spirituality.
Neither the lure of money, nor the desire to live a comfortable life are that attract me. If I wanted to lead a comfortable life I would not come camping camp or live in a damp country! I speak out because I want this to be drives

No comments:

Post a Comment